Testosterone is a male sex hormone but is also present in women in lower concentrations best testosterone booster 2021.
In humans, and therefore also in athletes, a low testosterone level affects various parameters, such as:
- reduction in bone mass and muscles
- voice, hair growth and other aesthetic factors
- erectile dysfunction with decreased sexual desire and sperm with decreased testicular size.
- negative health outcomes including on metabolic diseases (e.g. metabolic syndrome)
- sleep deficit and increased sleep apnea
- decreased energy levels even during the day
- increase in fat mass
- mood swings and changes
Check out the best testosterone booster 2021 here.
Testosterone, what is it, what is it for?
Do not compare the data with others, the situation is completely different between two people even of the same age and there are no “better levels” in relation to Testosterone
Total testosterone can be divided into three categories
- Tightly bound testosterone: About two thirds of testosterone in the blood is bound to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). It is not readily available for your body to use.
- Loosely bound testosterone : About one third of testosterone in the blood is loosely bound to albumin. Once the link is broken, testosterone circulates as free testosterone in your body.
- Free testosterone: a small percentage of testosterone in the blood (1-4%, as a rule) floats freely. Your body can readily use it, and the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme can convert it into dihydrotestosterone (DHT), a very potent androgen.
Together, free and loose testosterone makes up your bioavailable testosterone, which has a greater impact on your health than your total testosterone.